Thread: Illuminate d switch and accent LED.,.,

Default Illuminate d switch and accent LED.,.,

Hi to all,
    I'm ready to make my first lightsaber. I got everything you need but I need to understand something else: I have the PC sound V3 which allows the use of 4 accent LEDs, but to use the two illuminated switch, how do I connect to the sound card? Switch LEDs are part of 4 accent LED? Sorry but I really struggle to understand some aspects of the wiring!
    I expect you are ready with the soldering iron is switched on!
    Hello!

Sorry for the title. I was writing: illuminated switch and accent LED. ?!?!

It mainly depends on how you want the LEDs in those switches to behave. Typically, one lights up when you pull the kill key. That one is connected to the special 3.3V pad. Most have the other one light up once the saber is on, and that one is connected to one of the 4 accent pads.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Excellent, thanks! You are indispensable!
    So if I use the 3.3V pad I will have to use a resistance, right? Can you tell me how? I have an antivandal red ring switch.
    While the second switch is not necessary because the pads of the accent LEDs have already the resistance, right?

Hello

You will need resistors for both, depending on which color LED is on the accent pad. The PC manual covers where resistors go. Here is a link to the thread on resistors (and how to calculate which one you need):

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...esistor-Values
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com