Thread: 2nd build, good things in small packages.

Default 2nd build, good things in small packages.

Well the building bug got me so I sold off my first build and started a second. This time I wanted to start off stunt but plan it out for a nb while keeping it as short as possible with recharge port and a switch in the pommel. Plan to etch then drill the pommel when sound goes in. I duel onehanded almost exclusively but there is just enough room to fit two lacrosse gloved hands on it. The balance is really nice with the gear and big pommel on the back. Running a lime green with Amber for the blade color and a red-orange for foc when the time comes. Speaker will be a 20mm to allow space for the switch wires.

Simple and elegant saber, I love how the gear transitions to the pommel! I really like how compact the chassis is.
    Do you have any pictures of the pommel with the switch in?

Thanks for the kind words, I started with an illuminated red latching av switch but it kept shutting off on hard hits so I had to put in a guarded switch for now. I have a yellow momentary when it's time to upgrade to the nb. Also pretty sure I decided on what I'm going to etch on the pommel.

Here's the av switch in there. So much nicer looking than the guarded. Will post guarded a little later.

Edit:here's the guarded switch.
    Last edited by Golgo1327; 01-05-2016 at 08:51 AM.

The av switch does look nicer, but you get sound vents with the guarded switch.

Oh man, that AV switch does look amazing in that pommel.
    I have to second what Generic Jedi said though, you won't get much sound unless you modify the pommel or find an insert solution.
    Maybe a ring of of small hole drilled in the groove, between the threads and the main meat of the pommel? It might be tricky to get right without messing it up though.

I plan to etch that pattern into the pommel and then drill some holes in the low spots.
    Last edited by Golgo1327; 01-06-2016 at 09:40 AM.