Thread: Correct Wiring?

Default Correct Wiring?

So I wired up my saber, and I am having an issue. If I hook my Recharge port up and the LED from the MoM switch it won't turn on and removing the kill plug causes the switch to light up. When I remove the switch LED and the recharge port out of the loop I can turn it on. Can you look at the pics of how I wired it and let me know what I did wrong?

20140224_220759.jpg20140224_220447.jpg20140224_220700.jpg
    "He who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."

You didn't do anything wrong, from what you are explaining. When you pull the kill key, the switch does light up the way you have it wired, that is correct. When you push the switch, the main LED should light up. On a related note, you really should put heat shrink over those exposed solder lugs on the recharge port.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I need to go back and do that, but when I press the button it does not activate.
    "He who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."

The we would need to see the switch wiring, and then everything connected together.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com