Thread: Setting up CF 7.5 for the first time, help plz!

Default Setting up CF 7.5 for the first time, help plz!

Hey saber land. Like the title says, I am about to complete my build and would love some help with setting up the CF 7.5. I have only worked with the PC's until now, so naturally this board is a little more than I am used to. I have read the manual from Plecter many times and I still am a little confused. I was hoping someone could give me some pointers and put it into layman terms. I will be running full 7.4v, CEx, and Tri-Cree XP-E2 RGrB, and R.I.C.E.. Here is what I am looking for:

Setting initial color profiles, and saving them. The manual says it can be done with rice but I still am not sure about everything. It also says they can be defined in the parameters (txt files) and then modified with rice. I can't find much information about doing this. My understanding is that ten profiles can be saved by the board (not each of the 12 fonts) and then toggled between them in each font. Is that correct? I read somewhere that the best way to initially set it up was to delete all of the profiles in the txt files, play with rice to get the right colors, write down how much current each channel was getting, and then manually type it all into the parameters again.

I also want to choose a config (RGB, BRG, GBR, ETC) that won't put my red LED at risk of burning out. I was told the main channel can hit 3A, but the others from CEx can only hit 1A each. Is that correct?

I also am curious about the Tri-Cree red MAX current. I have heard mixed reports, some say 1,000ma is fine, and some say that 700ma MAX for warm colors like red. Not super sure which it is. Lol.

On top of these things, ANY other info on setting up the CF for the first time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Zahc (rhymes with rock).

Haven't worked with CFs but I can tell you any of the XP-E2 colors can take 1A. The Luxeon Rebel warm colors are the ones that are supposed to run at a 700mAh max. I haven't had any problems running my warm rebels over 700mAh but that could end in an instant so I can't recommend it to other people.

Either way, 1A per CREE die.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

That's correct. The Crees can all be run at 1000mA per die. The older warm Rebels had a limit of 700mA per die, though I hear the newer batches can go a bit higher.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!