Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colors mixing for Cyan

Default Colors mixing for Cyan

Hello there,

I've got a question before making another order. I'd like a cyan blade, and because I want FoC, I'll need a multicolor LED with PC or CF soundcard.
    I already have a tri-rebel star, in RB/G/R ; I alway see that mixing blue and green would make a cyan, but is it a problem if it's royal blue and not blue ? Well, I know I'll have something like cyan, but I have to make a new order for tilt parts so I prefer to be sure not to have to take for exemple the LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color ?

Then, I understood that with the PC, on FoC, colors are added (I mean the color of the blade and the other wired for Foc). Is it possible with the CF to have a specific color for Foc by turning off the one for blade ? I'd like the RGBA for amber FoC on a Cyan blade ... Possible ?

Another question about colimators. Is the one for tri-rebel is ok compared with the one for LED Engin which is smaller (because all the 4 color LED are closer than on the tri-rebel. With the tri-rebel, I wouldn't like to have a blade with blue on one side and green on the other !

So thanks for the answer, it will help me !

You can use the Tri-Rebel you have to make cyan. Royal Blue and Green will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by M2P View Post
    Then, I understood that with the PC, on FoC, colors are added (I mean the color of the blade and the other wired for Foc). Is it possible with the CF to have a specific color for Foc by turning off the one for blade ? I'd like the RGBA for amber FoC on a Cyan blade ... Possible ?

Another question about colimators. Is the one for tri-rebel is ok compared with the one for LED Engin which is smaller (because all the 4 color LED are closer than on the tri-rebel. With the tri-rebel, I wouldn't like to have a blade with blue on one side and green on the other !
    A PCv3 can add color , BUT it can also allow you to subtract colors. SO for cyan, you need rB and G - For an amber-ish color you would need G and R (you would have to experiment to get the shade you want). The manual shows you how to do it, and how to configure it for what you want. If you look up my Illustrious build, you will see that with the CF, I have several different main blade colors, and several different FoC colors, and ALL of them were done with a Tri-Rebel like you have

The Tri-Rebel lens works fine, as long as you make sure the main LED star and it are centered on the heatsink when you install them. Again, I have used them multiple times without issue.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 02-15-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

This is a tri reb with Rb and G for Cyan.

D

Thanks Forgetful Jedi Knight, it's all I needed to ear ! And I saw your Illustrious lightsaber, it's nice and well done. I like the differents blade colors.
    Thanks dgregory for your pic ; your cyan is very nice and what I need !
    I think I'll stay on the PC, without RICE, with this cyan, and a rBlue for FoC. rBlue Foc could be very nice on a cyan blade, as on your Artic Blue blade !
    Thanks for your help.

If you are not going to use RICE, you will want to set up and test your configurations before you even try to install everything.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

That's right FJK. In fact, I'm really a newbie on lightsaber and electronic. I will perhaps use a RICE later, but for now, I think I'll go with a PC and only one color (Cyan with blue FoC), so doing like that won't be a pain (well I hope !) as making 5-6 colors like you done with your nice Illustrious !

Quote Originally Posted by M2P View Post
    That's right FJK. In fact, I'm really a newbie on lightsaber and electronic. I will perhaps use a RICE later, but for now, I think I'll go with a PC and only one color (Cyan with blue FoC), so doing like that won't be a pain (well I hope !) as making 5-6 colors like you done with your nice Illustrious !
    Most who start out here are. You will need to really read through the manual and learn how to configure the PC, since you will need to constantly remove and edit the files on the SD card to get the saber colors to your liking.

Illustrious was done with a Crystal Focus V6 when they first came out in the summer of 2012.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

And to be honest, hooking up a rice port is much faster for color mixing than a constantly fiddling with the drive settings on the sd card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    And to be honest, hooking up a rice port is much faster for color mixing than a constantly fiddling with the drive settings on the sd card.
    But it can also be confusing for someone just starting out (like M2P is). And how exactly do you think we did things in the days before RICE?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I haven't the slightest. I never had the courage to fiddle with the config settings without a visual interface.