Thread: Minicam flash handle

Default Minicam flash handle

Not sure if this is the right place for this topic or not but...

Has anyone tried building a hilt with a Minicam flash handle?

I have 4 different Minicam flash handles...I think they're 2 cell but I could be wrong

they're about 6 1/2 inches long

any info would be great

What kind of specs? Sorry I'm new to this

I googled "Minicam flash handle" and came up wih Heiland. Now I know what your talking about. They are very simialr to Graflex flashes and both were used in the movies. Though I don't know if they are interchangeable. 6.5" is very short for a saber hilt. I would guess you can make a stunt saber but it might be a cram-fu challenge.

Here's the section in the TCSS store: thecustomsabershop.com/GraflexHeiland-C5
    The Heiland page is blank so I think you'll have to do a little gumshoeing in the forums. Happy reading.
    Last edited by Sevinzol; 02-02-2014 at 03:22 PM.

It's not Heiland. I think the actual brand is "Minicam".

Here is a picture of the handle and the box it comes in. It's the exact handles I have

4922932_30I0TUHXW.jpg

And here is the handle next to a Graflex

moPM82NcnvV18w0BjfKS67A.jpg

I had never seen it next to a Graflex before. I had no idea it was so much smaller

I have a Earlier Version of the minicam flash i plan to build a smaller saber out of. After Disassembly i was quite please with the craftsmanship of the flash. I personally play to use as many of the original screws and other gubbins in the build.
    The flash is a smigde larger than the standard Tcss peices, but i plan to buy the 1.5" sink tube to MHS adapter and mount it with the sink tube screws. This way it will be simple to use a Tcss blade holder or choke and blade holder as you choose. If you have any more questions or want to bounce some ideads off me shoot me a note.

Here's what I did with my 2-cell flash handle. It's just a simple display item. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...l=1#post224634
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________