Thread: First Build - Maglite Conversion "Ursas"

Default First Build - Maglite Conversion "Ursas"

Good morning all!

So I got the parts this week for my Maglite conversion. My son and I really like the way it turned out and can't wait to take on a more ambitious project.

Here is the parts list:

MPS Clip
    C-cell Maglite blade holder
    C-cell Maglite MHS pommel adapter
    1" Hilt safety plug (Trans White)
    LEDengin Lens Holder
    Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    10-32 x 3/8" Red Acetal thumb screw
    4@1-3/16" ID Black O-ring
    MHS Sleeve 1
    MPS insert style 12
    MPS Pommel style 4
    2 C-cell Black Maglite

So, without further ado, here it is. Ursas.

IMG_0690 (800x600).jpgIMG_0693.jpgIMG_0694.jpgIMG_0695.jpgIMG_0692 (640x480).jpg

I look forward to hearing what people think, and to continue to learn from the community here. My next project is already on the drawing board.
    Last edited by AckAck; 02-05-2014 at 04:24 PM.

very nice. doesn't look like a mag-lite at all

Yeah. Looks more like a true lightsaber hilt to me. Bet that small choke is a dream too for spinning and such. What color is this?
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Thanks!

Right now just white. I am waiting for the colored discs to come back into stock, then I will order them and a blade. I added an aftermarket LED upgrade to brighten it up.

Looks awesome- I'm also working on my first build right now, and I'm basing it off a Maglite as well. I had the same idea for the Red Acetal thumb screw in the blade holder, but I must thank you for including the info on the safety plug, Lens Holder and Collimator Lens- I had no idea what these things were for until I saw your pictures- now all those parts are added into the wishlist...

Glad it helped. I only included those from reading back through the archives here. And I just love that red thumb screw. I have tried using the set screw for the blade retention, but everyone in the house agrees that the red one just adds that certain Star Wars feel to it.

Damn, I have to get me a sleeve. Great work.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Did you have to Alter the TCSS Sleve 1 at all? I love that Idea!
    Is it Snug or does it wiggle around?

I like it, simple and elegant the way a lightsaber should be very nice work. It really does not resemble a flashlight at all. Possibly doing sound later? or will the space inside allow for that? I have an old mag lite (D cell) that I have been toying with the idea of a conversion
    So it seems you have inspired me as well.
    again very nice work.