Thread: i need help with installing a16mm Anti Vandal Momentary switch with photos

Default i need help with installing a16mm Anti Vandal Momentary switch with photos

i need help, i have never built a saber before and i am trying to build one without sound to start, if some one can help me with a few photos on how to instal a16mm Anti Vandal Momentary switch i would greatly appreciate it, i bought a saber from ultra sabers and opened it up to see inside and i think i can build on i have been looking around this website at everyones work and it looks like a lot of fun but i am so confused on how to put in a 16mm Anti Vandal Momentary switch

What type of saber is it? Does it have an Anti Vandal switch now?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Another thing to keep in mind is a stunt typically requires a latching switch. A momentary switch will only keep the blade on if you hold down the button UNLESS you have a soundboard configured for a momentary switch.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Or you can get a Pololu board to use a momentary with a stunt circuit.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

thank you for your help brother,what does anti vandal mean and do i have to use a resistor and a buck puck to hook up a 6mm Anti Vandal Latching Blue Ring Switch for a saber with no sound, i haven't tried to make any sabers yet i want to make sure i get everything right before i try, so i don't mess it up on my first try i have spent a lot of time looking at this website but i don't read that well, the ones with picture sink it more i want to start off small, i am mostly going to just going to build no sound sabers for a while so my friends and i can duel, i like the illuminated switches cause they look. i learn the best by watching http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/As...ages/lrbr1.jpg
    Last edited by garymorris; 02-01-2014 at 10:17 AM.