Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st Complete Lightsaber "Serpent"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I think that's the first all-black graflex styled saber I've seen. It appears to have come out great. I'm curious, is that paint or did you have it powdercoated?

And I'm honored you named it after me.

Keep up the good work.

Naming after you was the least I could do.. I appreciated all your help and advice.

The hilt is anodized.. I didn't polish before anodizing I thought it would give it a matted/shiny look..

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    I love the black color with the gold lights.

Thanks for the compliment..

the sound card has me concerned. It looks like only one end is tucked into a chassis disk. I can't tell how tight that fit is but if it falls out, might it bang around or even short on the inside of the saber?
    That sound card is in there, it really would have to take a serious beating to come loose..**(knocks on wood)** I dremeled a slit in the disc which that end of the board fits extremely snug into plus you can still access the SD card from the other side without having to remove the board.. With that said my next project will be built from the inside out.. I need more experience with chassis building.. Other chassis on this forum are almost works of art by themselves..

Thank You all for the kind words..!!! Can't wait to start project #2!!

Sick. A black Graflex style saber. You could get you a trim ring, one of the smooth ones. Just a thought.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

looks great. well done on a tidy first build
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

Nice build! If you don't like the O ring think about trying one of the trim rings! I bet a gold colored one would look awesome!!!

I'm not sure if this was answered but what are those two pin connectors on the saber? Are those available in the shop?

Beautiful first saber. To order from Tim and make 100% accurate decisions on what you want is almost impossible given the choice, and learning curve for first timers (which we all are at one time) I agree with comments about the o ring, otherwise FANTASTIC build! Congrats, and look forward to more. (Interesting, I do not think I have ever read someone saying, 'Well, thats all I'll be doing, this is my first and last saber. Ha ha)