Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LS-3301 - First build complete

Nice lightsaber paisano!! Your choice of parts make up for what it looks like a comfortable hilt to wield... I like the detail you added with the weathering.

Nice design. I really like it. Has that real Star Wars look to the hilt. Also has an Obi-wan/Luke look to the hilt which is cool.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

I noticed the swings on your video sounded really muted. The 2w bass speaker causes the hum to really drown out the lighter and softer pitched swings of the Lightmeat font. Have you considered pirchasing an alternative off Saberfont.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    I noticed the swings on your video sounded really muted. The 2w bass speaker causes the hum to really drown out the lighter and softer pitched swings of the Lightmeat font. Have you considered pirchasing an alternative off Saberfont.com?
    It's actually a premium speaker. What I think you are hearing (i.e. not hearing) is a complete absence of swing sounds.
    When I shot the video, the chassis wasn't complete and the NB was positioned too high up the hilt, thus the sensors were not detecting swing motion as well as they can. I have since completed the chassis and positioned the NB as close as possible to the pommel end and the results are much improved.
    I find the font itself well balanced. That said, I have looked at fonts on saberfont.com. All part of the fun of the hobby.
    The next saber is going to be with a PC so I have plenty of stock fonts to explore for the time being. I'm sure I'll try out something new somewhere down the line.