Thread: Show us your battery holder, baby!

Default Show us your battery holder, baby!

I'm on my first build and, being in Canada, just can't find a rechargeable 18650 w/PCB to go in my Graflex sabre with my Seoul P4 White LED and NB sound card. I would like to have an externally accessible recharge port or better yet mount it inside somewhere to keep the correct look to the classic ANH sabre.
    So, with that said, I'm looking for inspiration in the area of mounting, using, holding, and wiring other types of batteries into my hilt. We see lots of photos of everything but that so if you want to show off your insides, post the pics here to inspire and guide others who will learn from what the others have achieved.
    To me a picture really is worth a thousand words.
    So, show us your cram-fu as I think it's called. I want the guts, not so much the skin.
    Al

30 seconds on google found me this.
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/fenix-fenix-18650-battery

also TCSS has several holder and chassis parts for batteries. keep looking you'l find stuff

Must be a case of using imperfect keywords as I've spent FAR more than 30 seconds without finding that one. It's not the type with leads pre-attached that would nicely fit into the available combined board and battery disc for the NB + 18650 but it may still be possible to make it fit by forcing my own soldered leads on one. I'm hoping to avoid the bulky (which is a relative term in a single cell solution) but I will stock up on a few (1 plus extras on hand) and keep my eyes open for one with leads or soldering tabs in Canada. At least now I can plan and move forward with the build. It starts at the battery and the rest flows from there, i.e. Resistor, holders, disc, what space is left for the pretty stuff?, etc.
    Thanks Sevinzol
    Al
    Ps I still think this will still be a useful thread as I am still interested in learning how others have mastered mounting stuff in the hilts. Not how-to tutorials. Just one or two pics. And yes, I know there are pics out there on other threads but the focus isn't the art it's the get it done. Or those are all about the starting stages which then skip to the outside views showing a bright blade in a dark room or to show the design or look they were going for on the outside. In this, I think, the inside is as important as the outside and that is too easy to gloss over. Call it the inner beauty.
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 01-22-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The new Delrin Chassis: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...t-V6-P892.aspx and battery holder: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/18...lder-P886.aspx Should fit just fine into a Graflex and will hold everything you're using in an elegant and secure manner.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I've been using thin sheet metal bent around two chassis rods to mount my recharge ports on the last couple sabers. I did it for my Luke ANH and it worked great. There's room for a filed down kill key inside the hilt if you want as well.

D

Thanks, this is what I'm looking for. Very nice. May I ask why the disc look broken on the edges. Too many drops during combat, perhaps?

I like the use of the word 'elegant'. For the $10 price on the Delrin Chassis I'll add one to my next order just to try it out. Thanks for the tip FenderBender.

No, I had to sand out a little groove in each disc. I left the little slide switch on the vintage graflex and it protruded a tiny bit on the inside. Rather than sand it down and risk it falling off, I just put a little notch in each disk. The chassis was self contained and had to slide in from the top, past the slide switch.
    D