Thread: Pololu battery drain?

Default Pololu battery drain?

Hey, everyone, question for you.

I recently completed my Graflex ESB saber using an Anakin Episode III FX board. To get the switch under the button I wired up a Pololu board. Worked like a charm (no surprise there)

However, I am discovering that I seem to be chewing through batteries really fast. Is this common with Pololu boards--faster battery drain? Failing that, is there something I could've done wrong with the wiring to cause rapid battery drain?

Thanks!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Did you use the low voltage version?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I have had it happen. Mostly when used in conjunction with a soundboard. Not so much when used in stunts. Not sure what causes it. I would install a kill switch somewhere inside your Graflex if it doesn't have a recharge port to put a kill key in.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    I have had it happen. Mostly when used in conjunction with a soundboard. Not so much when used in stunts. Not sure what causes it. I would install a kill switch somewhere inside your Graflex if it doesn't have a recharge port to put a kill key in.
    Thanks! At least I know it's not something I did wrong with the wiring--I'll just make sure I use high quality batteries and keep an extra set or two handy at troops for now. I've had so much trouble just getting this up and running, I'm just not confident enough to try and install a kill switch. Nor would I even begin to know where to locate it on the hilt.