Thread: PCB 7.2V for Li-ion battery pack. Necessary?

Question PCB 7.2V for Li-ion battery pack. Necessary?

Sorry,
    I have the mouse on the basket to carry out the order of the parts list in this instant, but I only noticed recently the PCB for 7.2 V Li-ion b. packs.
    I need absolutely or not?
    (and say that I had never noticed that the batteries can't receive them from TCSS!! Luckily I found who sells in Europe!)

Thanks again everyone!

Are you building a battery pack from li-ions? If so then yes you will need the PCB, but make sure the cells are not individually protected before adding the 7.2v PCB to your pack. You will need to remove the individual PCB's from each cell before building your pack with the 7.2v PCB.

Or are you purchasing a pre-built li-ion pack? If so it is most likely already protected and already has the PCB in it, you will not need to purchase another one.

Read the description of what you are purchasing. Protected = has PCB, unprotected = Does not have PCB.

if you are getting the protected cells you will not need the PCB if they are not protected you will need it

Unfortunately I do not know yet. The battery pack that I found is already wired, so I guess it is already protected. What do you think?
    This is the photo.

Battery pack.JPG

It should say somewhere in the product description, but most likely it is already protected and you won't need a PCB.

Default Nightmare battery!

Oh my God, it looks like a nightmare! The only (ONLY!) already wired battery pack that I found in Europe doesn't have the PCB. They tell me that the battery charger should already have it. Can you tell me if the "3.7V-14.8V Li-Ion Smart charger" or "7.4 V Li-ion smart charger with 2.1 mm plug" have already??
    An alternative would be to buy two batteries with internal circuit Nitecore but I'm not going to weld cables to batteries (too dangerous for me that I have no experience). How do I use the richarge port if I don't find a battery pack wired already??!
    Or ... two Li-ion 3 .7V protected but not with liguette to be welded to the circuit ... but of 2,600 mAh and I think for the PC module is too many!

Help me please! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi LV426 View Post
    Unfortunately I do not know yet. The battery pack that I found is already wired, so I guess it is already protected. What do you think?
    This is the photo.

Battery pack.JPG

I think this battery requires a Balance Charger in order to charge it. These types of batteries are typically used in Remote Control applications (cars, planes, helicopters, etc.) and the charger handles the function that the PCB on a protected pack would do. A balance charger has a port to plug the battery's +/- into as well as a port for the smaller lead that gives the charger information about the battery's state so that the cells can be balanced during charging.

Perfect! But the problem is: I order the battery pack without PCB. Ok. But that charger can I use for the richarge port??
    The TCSS or what? I'm completely stuck to the fact of not being able to find anywhere a battery pack protected already with connector! I ask one last piece of advice: I can fit 2 battery 3, 7V 800 mhA protected by PCB on holder and (always them mounted) link to the richarge port of lightsaber?

I am exhausted ...

Hello