Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord Zen's Next Saber

Default Lord Zen's Next Saber

Hi All,

Thought I'd start a post about my next saber, which might not proceed at a particularly rapid rate and will take some time to complete.
    For this project I decided that I would create a tribute/homage/replica of my favourite saber from the SW universe - and I've checked with the original designer to check that they are cool with this.

At this stage I'm am just beginning to collect the bits and pieces needed:

So, 10points and a warm sense of satisfaction for anyone that correctly guesses what saber this might be...

The Derelict is an awesome saber. A crytal chamber will really set it over the top.

I will be watching this.

I think it's an amazing testament to Slothfurnace's artistic ability that he's created the most-replicated saber design, apart from the on-screen sabers.

Good luck with that build. I've got one in my to-do list as well.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Also in my to-do list ^^

Looking forward your progress on that one
    Clicky Sig =>

Default Yes it is a Derelict :)

Hi All,

So 10 points to everyone who correctly guessed that this will be paying honour to Slothfurnace and his Derelict design, and additional bonus points for anyone who guessed it will be a Derelict Reveal

This build is going to take some time to do, with only a couple of hours free each week to spend on it - so I'm not anticipating regular update posts on this, but let's see how things go.

I am guessing it will be a starkiller
    Last edited by Sidd; 01-26-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    -Sidd-

Default Small beginnings and tiny details

I'm still in the collecting bits and pieces and figuring out how all this going to go together stage.
    However that doesn't mean I haven't been tempted to do a couple of small, little things to start off - so thought I would share a photo

Just cut some photo-etched hex-mesh and glued it behind the glass eye. One day this will be illuminated by a cut-through to the main blade.
    For me it's the small embellishments, "greebles" and weathering that really makes a difference to a saber:

Now that's awesome. Definitely a nice, subtle touch that makes it personal and really cool at the same time.

Hi All,

I managed to find the time to cut down the MHS Ribbed extension so that it fits snuggly within the Graflex section:

The control box is resting on top while I think about where to attach it. I might cut some length off the Graflex to remove the L-shaped cutouts and then attach the box directly to the Graflex instead of the ribbed section. So located where it is in the photo. This will take about 17mm off the overall saber length, but I think I can live with that.

Default Rear grip work in progress

Just a minor update

I've been slowly working on the rear grip section for the Derelict
    This piece is about 1-5/8" (41mm) diameter and 3" (76mm) long with six groves cut into it
    I've also drilled and tapped four M4 screw threads for a pair of button head and cap head bolts to go in the future:

Still need to chamfer the ends, but it's getting there: