Thread: Lord Zen's Next Saber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lord Zen's Next Saber

Hi All,

Thought I'd start a post about my next saber, which might not proceed at a particularly rapid rate and will take some time to complete.
    For this project I decided that I would create a tribute/homage/replica of my favourite saber from the SW universe - and I've checked with the original designer to check that they are cool with this.

At this stage I'm am just beginning to collect the bits and pieces needed:

So, 10points and a warm sense of satisfaction for anyone that correctly guesses what saber this might be...

The Derelict is an awesome saber. A crytal chamber will really set it over the top.

I will be watching this.

I think it's an amazing testament to Slothfurnace's artistic ability that he's created the most-replicated saber design, apart from the on-screen sabers.

Good luck with that build. I've got one in my to-do list as well.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Also in my to-do list ^^

Looking forward your progress on that one
    Clicky Sig =>

Default Yes it is a Derelict :)

Hi All,

So 10 points to everyone who correctly guessed that this will be paying honour to Slothfurnace and his Derelict design, and additional bonus points for anyone who guessed it will be a Derelict Reveal

This build is going to take some time to do, with only a couple of hours free each week to spend on it - so I'm not anticipating regular update posts on this, but let's see how things go.

I am guessing it will be a starkiller
    Last edited by Sidd; 01-26-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    -Sidd-

Default Small beginnings and tiny details

I'm still in the collecting bits and pieces and figuring out how all this going to go together stage.
    However that doesn't mean I haven't been tempted to do a couple of small, little things to start off - so thought I would share a photo

Just cut some photo-etched hex-mesh and glued it behind the glass eye. One day this will be illuminated by a cut-through to the main blade.
    For me it's the small embellishments, "greebles" and weathering that really makes a difference to a saber: