Blog Entries

Looks great.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    looks great.
    more pictures please.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    I also recently did a build with a forward facing speaker and I like the sound experience much better. How do you like it so far?
    I prefer the sound to come out of the front on a Graflex build.
    To me it makes more sense for the humming and buzzing to be located with the blade emitter.
    The Graflex adapter also has a nice channel cut into it to help the sound exit the two cutouts either side of the bulb lens.
    It's not as loud as other sabers I've built, but it is still plenty loud enough to hear it when it's on

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    more pictures please.
    Will try to get a few more pictures uploaded

Default More photos

Hi All,

A couple more photos to show some of the details.

Photo-etched mesh behind the Graflex lens, illuminated through the cut-out to the blade holder:

The grenade section and rear grip slid back over the central core to reveal the downward orientated speaker and hole:

Acerocket Obi pommel with triangular d-ring. Custom made 3" long 1-5/8" diameter rear grip section with grooves. Grenade grip into cut Graflex front section:

Control box detail. 16mm AV switch, spherical momentary switch, recharge port with custom kill-key based on the knurled thumbscrew:

Love how you did the glass eye.

That's a beautiful saber. Congrats on finishing your Derelict.

I have 90% of the parts for my interpretation. well done. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the glass eye light up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vislir View Post
    I have 90% of the parts for my interpretation. well done. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the glass eye light up.
    I used a Graflex glass eye replica that would have been used in an original Graflex camera flash. It was designed to allow light to shine through it. This is different to the glass eye designed as a thumbscrew.

I did however have to file down the depth of the lens housing unit. Otherwise the Graflex adapter doesn't have enough depth for the glass eye to sit flush.

The threaded hole for the thumbscrew in the Graflex adapter provided enough light from the blade holder area to shine through.

Default Ooooooooo....

I found one of these