Thread: Dimple in MHS theaded section-line up mark??

Default Dimple in MHS theaded section-line up mark??

I picked up a blade holder #12 and also a blade holder #20. These are the first asymmetrical blade holder I have bought. I was looking at the MHS threads and saw this little dimple .....

It is on both blade holders and appears to be lined up with the "back" side of the blade holders. I am not sure if it is actually lined up correctly or is a little bit off (which could be my eyes or the lighting).

So, Is this little dimple supposed to be used as a match mark or line up mark for lining up retention screws, bunny ears, etc? If this is the intended use, then my hat is off to TCSS for including a great little feature to help. Or is it a byproduct of the machining and just a coincidence that it is there? I do not want to put my faith something that I am not sure of.

Thanks for any guidance.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It is on purpose and for alignment.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    It is on purpose and for alignment.
    Thank you, sir. That is a brilliant little feature that saves me a lot of trouble.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

It is on all the emitters that have a 'cut' to them. The S-Curve, angled etc. Saved my butt many a time.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Awesome. This is definitely a helpful feature.