Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Li-Ion Battery suppliers in Canada...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If it is small items then we do offer other cheaper options internationally. I just cannot offer them on the store because even if I put "DO NOT USE THIS OPTION FOR LARGE PACKAGES!!" with neon letters that flash across the screen people would still select it. If you just need a few small items you just put a note on the order to "ship as cheap as possible" and we will refund the difference. Some of the cheaper methods do not have tracking though. That same 2lb package I quoted for fedex with a blade in it would be over $80 due to dimensional weight.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    If it is small items then we do offer other cheaper options internationally. I just cannot offer them on the store because even if I put "DO NOT USE THIS OPTION FOR LARGE PACKAGES!!" with neon letters that flash across the screen people would still select it. If you just need a few small items you just put a note on the order to "ship as cheap as possible" and we will refund the difference. Some of the cheaper methods do not have tracking though. That same 2lb package I quoted for fedex with a blade in it would be over $80 due to dimensional weight.
    Sorry to belabor the topic but when you say cheaper, you're referring to non-fedex ground of some kind? And, to confirm, it be applicable for li-ion batteries. If so, I would probably order a selection of li-ion batteries, pay whatever the ground shipping and just stock up on a few types of batteries in one shipment so I never have to worry about making due with less perfect options available locally in Canada.

[if the answer is positive, i promise not to respond to your next reply except with an online order with such a note when I'm ready to go that route for batteries only]

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Cheaper methods of USPS.. small flat rate, etc..

No USPS with li-ion, FedEx only.

So yes if you want to stock up on a few batteries just select the most expensive USPS option and then put a note to ship via FedEx and we can square up on shipping cost after I box it and calculate the shipping. This is only for batteries though as it is a bit more work for me to ship via FedEx as the system is not setup to handle it and the nearest drop box is 10 minutes away.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    For example a 2lb 4x4x4 inch box is about $45 to ship FedEx ground. On top of that FedEx is more likely to charge you import and other fees.
    yea. international shipping is workers... we have a specialized road survey vehicle and when our alternator fried up in canada. (none of the local repair shops had anything NEAR the magantude of this thing) we had to resort
    to purchasing the thing online. we payed for expedited shipping (fastest possible) in the end. the $900 alternator costed an extra ~$400 to have shipped
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Thanks for the info on shipping, Tim. I also was waiting until I had a larger list of stuff before I ordered. My last order had $50 tacked on by Canadian Customs. But, what really ticked me off was the $11 fee they added to collect the money from me. No foreplay, nuthin'. Just a terse "brace yourself, sir, we're comin' in hot."

Quote Originally Posted by Wilock View Post
    Thanks for the info on shipping, Tim. I also was waiting until I had a larger list of stuff before I ordered. My last order had $50 tacked on by Canadian Customs. But, what really ticked me off was the $11 fee they added to collect the money from me. No foreplay, nuthin'. Just a terse "brace yourself, sir, we're comin' in hot."

Where's the LIKE button?

Wait, there's an $11 fee just for them to collect the money from you?

"Oh, you want to pay us? That'll cost an additional $11!"
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Well, to be accurate, it was Canada Post that charged the $11 to collect the Duty fee for Customs. I'm assuming they rationalize it as an admin fee of some sort. Regardless, It was still a kick in the twig and berries.

Hey Silver Serpent? I bought a coffee cup warmer as you recommended. How long (ballpark) do you leave the LEDengin on there before soldering?

Oh, a minute or two is sufficient. Just keep it there until you've finished soldering, and use some needlenose pliers to pick it up afterwards. It'll be HOT.

Or just unplug the warmer, and wait for everything to cool down.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!