Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Li-Ion Battery suppliers in Canada...

I ordered a Petit Crouton. I also foolishly ordered a LED engin (RGBW)...which are supposed to be very difficult to solder. Given I have zero soldering experience this should be interesting. I'm jumping in the deep end here, for sure. I'll be doing some practicing before I attempt the real thing though, so hopefully I won't wreck anything.

Get an inexpensive electric coffee cup warmer, and set the LED star on that before you try to solder to it. LEDEngins are a pain to solder if you don't prewarm the star first.

Also, read this if you haven't already: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...uide-for-noobs
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks SS, that's a great idea. I have seen and read that link several times. Also watched several vids from Madcow, Erv and some others. It won't be from lack of research that I wreck anything, but lack of experience and perhaps having hands about as steady as a coked-out Chihuahua.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I used to get the AW batteries from Lighthound, but they stopped shipping to Canada. All-battery.com will ship to Canada. I ordered from them last year, but the shipping cost was crazy. They also hit me with a COD customs charge on top. I think the total shipping and fees came to over $60. I made it a big order just to make it worth while.

I'm going to look into that batterybuyer site. Wiring the PCB isn't hard. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I used to get the AW batteries from Lighthound, but they stopped shipping to Canada. All-battery.com will ship to Canada. I ordered from them last year, but the shipping cost was crazy. They also hit me with a COD customs charge on top. I think the total shipping and fees came to over $60. I made it a big order just to make it worth while.

I'm going to look into that batterybuyer site. Wiring the PCB isn't hard. Thanks for the link.
    72 bucks shipping. just checked it. ridiculous

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

We can ship via FedEx but as mentioned it is very expensive.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I would prefer to buy from you, Tim. What is your cost to ship to Canada?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

For example a 2lb 4x4x4 inch box is about $45 to ship FedEx ground. On top of that FedEx is more likely to charge you import and other fees.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Oddly, so is shipping anything to Canada. It seems $39/$40 is the minimum shipping estimate I can pay for anything from the TCSS to Canada.
    A micro switch, if that were all I bought here, would cost $40 to ship to me using USPS. I assume that is by air.
    So, if i paid for FedEx ground, for my last order (wanna look it up?) how much would that cost? And, I was charged import duties (an additional $23 CDN) so that would probably be the same either way, I hope.
    If the cost for the same order was close for shipping cost I'd go by ground and pay the difference to allow me to get the batteries I wish I could get from TCSS.
    As it is, I am delaying placing my next order until I'm sure it has all the things I want (but not necessarily need) in order to better my shipping cost to product cost ratio.
    Al
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 01-31-2014 at 10:46 AM.