Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Li-Ion Battery suppliers in Canada...

Default Li-Ion Battery suppliers in Canada...

Just about to attempt my first build and ordered my parts only to find out that TCSS can't ship Li-Ion batt packs internationally.

For all the Canadian forum members out there, where is the best place to purchase Li-Ion battery packs in The Great White North? I was specifically looking for something like this.

Thanks!

Old thread, still needing an answer. Anyone reading this from Canada have the answer?

http://www.batterybuyer.com/volt-220...bs-p-8347.html

http://www.batterybuyer.com/volt-lit...er-p-8385.html

I found these, above, for my ANH Graflex conversion, but the battery doesn't have the PCB. I would prefer not to hack it with one. I'll keep searching before I resort to extremes.
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 01-20-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks Alan,
    I had found those as well and disregarded them for the same reason.
    Last edited by Wilock; 01-20-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Have you found a source yet? Or, like me, are you still in the early stages?

And, I see that was a recent post. I keep getting the Join Date mixed up with the posted date above the username.

I understand from reading here that the reason they don't internationally is because li-ion batteries can explode when flown due to air pressure changes.
    I wonder if Tim can provide a shipping by 'ground only' to the North American continent.
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 01-20-2014 at 01:13 PM.

I just found out about this community after Christmas...trust me, if I knew it was around, I would have been here long before now! So, yes, I'm still in the early stages of this. I actually just bought a battery off of eBay from a seller in China (7.4v 2200mAh 18650 with PCM - side by side). The price with shipping was approximately same as TCSS, so it was worth the risk. I'll let you know how it works when I get it...in a month or so. Those container ships aren't exactly fast.

I'm still looking for a more local source and will visit a few hobby shops here in Ottawa this week. There's a fairly large RC airplane and helicopter community here, so I'm sure they'll be able to find some solution for me. Their batteries tend to be much higher in mAh (for obvious reasons) and therefore more expensive, but I'll see what they have to say.
    Last edited by Wilock; 01-20-2014 at 02:03 PM.

I'm in Ottawa as well, Barrhaven area.
    I started a new thread, you may notice, which isn't intended to override this one. Hopefully it will 'stick' around, once it's big enough to warrant it. It should serve to avoid having to order from China. I tried that for my laptop battery replacement... it was cheap enough, and took 6-8 weeks to arrive, and died even faster than the trip by cargo ship to me. Almost...
    I'll go to China as a last resort, although, they all probably come from there originally.
    Last edited by A Pieroway; 01-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Small world! I'm in the west end. Live in Constance Bay (20 minutes north-west of Kanata) and work in Kanata.

Yeah, you're always throwing the dice on these kinds of purchases. But, what're you gonna do? I'll be sure to pass along any info I find.

We should ping Madcow. He's a fellow Canuck from Calgary...and an awesome, awesome sabersmith (Genesis Custom Sabers).

We can start our own little club.
    Yes, quite the sabersmith'ing Madcow. Very nice work. I have a ways to go to get to that level (ok, who am i kidding, my wife will catch on to the cost of this hobby long before then, and attempt to cut off my death stars with my own saber)
    I'll probably sign up for his video membership. Every little bit of passed on knowledge will help earlier on in the game.

Oh, I hear you on the "death stars" removal. My wife has been pretty understanding up to this point with buying various tools, etc..., but I just ordered my first supplies and there's still more to go for my first build. She IS going to kill me eventually.

For the record, Madcow's video tutorials are very worth the $7/year. I learned quite a bit from them already.