Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fried amp circuit Nano Biscotte

Unhappy Fried amp circuit Nano Biscotte

Well it seems i have fried my speaker circuit in my nano biscotte while disassembling the saber it must have shorted on the hilt somewhere. Who in the states repairs these and is it even worth the time to send in to repair one. Albeit shipping and repairs or just purchasing a new one.

And i know some will ask so i have tested the speaker on my igniter board works fine in that one, the led and flicker still function on nb board just no sound. I also have desoldered and resoldered the board numerous times thinking i may have bridged the tabs.

You can PM Zook. He would be the person who handles that here in the states. Yes, it's worth it to repair it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you I will look him up.

Got the PM and replied.
    MH on FX-Forums

I'm experiencing the same problem on my v1. After buying a used saber with a NB v1 installed i decided to clean up the electronics a bit and didnt notice that the recharge port and the momentary switch wires had frayed heat shrink and were all touching. the board worked fine for a few days but died after charging for the night. when i removed the charger there was no boot sound but the saber still lights but no sound. I emailed plecter labs and they said most likely fried audio amp. Id much rather have it repaired here in the states than having to ship abroad.

I tried to PM Zook but the system wont let me as I just recently registered. How do i get in contact with zook if I cant PM?

Was able to send a PM to Zook

Hey Zook! I too, have a fried audio section on a Nano Biscotte. This is my first post on the forum, so I'm assuming that's why I'm not able to send you a PM. I'll keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by SaLvAgEd View Post
    Hey Zook! I too, have a fried audio section on a Nano Biscotte. This is my first post on the forum, so I'm assuming that's why I'm not able to send you a PM. I'll keep trying...
    You have to have a certain post count AND be here a certain amount of time. When I see him, I'kll let him know you posted.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Force Aware

I have a fried audio section and have tried to pm zook. I think I could be doing something wrong could use some help.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Quin View Post
    I have a fried audio section and have tried to pm zook. I think I could be doing something wrong could use some help.
    He has been extremely busy as of late.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines