Thread: Petit Crouton V3

Default Petit Crouton V3

Hi to all . A couple hof questions: is there anyone who has tried the new PC V3? I have to order everything you need to build my first lightsaber and PC V3 there is (although I must say that I find it a wonderful new) that is the difference between the sd card and use the R.I.C.E. cable? The R.I.C.E. cable is essential?
    Thanks and ... happy new year to all!

Arashi LV426

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi LV426 View Post
    Hi to all . A couple hof questions: is there anyone who has tried the new PC V3? I have to order everything you need to build my first lightsaber and PC V3 there is (although I must say that I find it a wonderful new) that is the difference between the sd card and use the R.I.C.E. cable? The R.I.C.E. cable is essential?
    Thanks and ... happy new year to all!

Arashi LV426
    I haven't wired up a PCv3 yet, BUT you need a SD card. The RICE cable is only necessary if you wish to use the RICE functionality. You will also need to wire up the RICE port into your saber somehow.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The SD Card is where your sounds and configure file is stored. The RICE cable connects the RICE port to your computer. It allows you to change stuff on the SD Card without removing it from the Saber.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

To add: RICE (and using the cable) allows you to change settings to the saber in REAL TIME, and view/hear the changes as you do them so you know if you're happy with them before saving them. Also VERY handy for the color mixing aspect of the new board

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Wow, fantastic ! Thank you! What would be the colour mixing board? What types of LEDs do you use?

Bye!

You use a RGB LED. These have a red, blue, and green LED all on the board (often with another LED such as white). Those three colors can be mixed to give you any other color.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi LV426 View Post
    Wow, fantastic ! Thank you! What would be the colour mixing board? What types of LEDs do you use?

Bye!
    As WookieGunner said you can use an RGB LED for color mixing. As far using a color extender, I STRONGLY recommend you read through the PC v# manual a few times so you have a better idea of how things work.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Also to add....You cant run the PCv3 without the SD card in place in it. It will just beep to let you know no card is inserted. When you phurchase it from TCCS it will come with the card inserted with sound files already on it.