Thread: Resistor question Do I have 1 to many?

Default Resistor question Do I have 1 to many?

Hi guys, As part of a pervious post I learned that if I am gong to be running a Tri-Rebel amber with all three LES running that I would need 3 resistors (one for each led) see I am learning . My question is though when I ordered my latching switch (see learning with that to ) it had a variable resistor on it, b/c it needs one to run. Now my set up has 4 resistors and here is the diagram. My question is do I need the 4th resistor or should I just cut it off? Thanks again for all the help and answering all the questions, I promise I won't have so many after this build SR-03-L0000-2.jpg

The Tri-Rebel LED star is wired fine, and those three resistors are necessary.

Your switch is not wired correctly. We'll go ahead and put the switch on your negative wire for this example (though it would also work on the positive wire). There are four poles on your switch. Two of them should be labeled (+) and (-), and those are for the LED inside the switch. The other two poles are for the switch itself. For the switch poles, connect the first one to your battery negative. The second switch pole will connect to the shared negative of your Tri-Rebel star. The second switch pole will ALSO connect to the negative of the switch LED.

The battery positive will connect directly to the shared positive of your Tri-Rebels, and also to the switch LED positive. You will end up with three black wires attached to the switch poles, and only one red wire attached to the last switch pole (the switch LED positive).

With this setup, the switch will turn on when the blade turns on, and turn off when the blade turns off.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!