Thread: Tri rebel question.

Default Tri rebel question.

Today I ordered some parts and, hopefully, soon I will probably order electronics. My question is if you want to have a yellow blade color you would need to wire up the green and blue led pads. (This is a stunt saber) Are you able to wire up blue and green to make yellow in a stunt saber and if so both color dyes would be ran at 1000 milliamps right? How would you wire that and what battery pack would be the best to use?
    Last edited by Darth Kenobi; 01-02-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Mixing blue and green will give you cyan (a lovely one, at that). The best yellow blade can be done with either a straight amber led, or mixing amber and red-orange (after checking a colour mixer. I'm not sure; I haven't done it). To get a Tri-Rebel with Amber and Red-Orange, you'll have to look outside of TCSS. To answer your other question, yes it can be done in a stunt.

If you want to mix Amber and Red-Orange, I believe you'll be able to wire them in series with a 700mA buckpuck, using a 7.4v battery pack (both of which you can get here at TCSS).
    Last edited by Yoshi-Taka; 01-02-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Oh ok thanks for the info! I will do a little bit of research to see what I can find.

You're welcome. I believe, and I'm not 100% sure about this, that there are multi-Amber Tri-Rebels as well. Wire a pair of amber dice in series and you'll have a very yellow blade. Same as above - wire the ambers in series, 700mA buckpuck (or the proper resistor if you need to save space), 7.4v battery pack. Easy-peasy.

In addition to the amber LEDs, you can also get a decent yellow by mixing green and red. Yoshi's suggestion about multi-Amber Tri-Rebels would likely be better though.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I searched up on google and found one that has two amber LEDs then one white led. So if I upgrade to sound I have a flash on clash led to use

Another very nice yellow/gold color is using a 2775K warm white tri-reb. I did this on my second build, "Illumination", if you want to see what it looks like, it should still be here on the forum if you do a search. It's running at approx 700mA on all 3 dice with a Nano-biscotti and a Nimh power supply (had to ship to Canada so no Lith-ions...)

That was very good and I like how the blade color looks I will pick one of those up. Thanks!