Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: South-Paw Jinn's first PVC Stunt Saber

Oh no, 3.7 is plenty with a resistor. It's just not enough with the Buckpuck. You'd need 7.4 with the Buckpuck.

The mAh of your battery will determine the life per charge. The higher the mAh, the longer it'll run before it cuts out.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Sorry for the post delays, there have been build delays! I'm determined to find the resistor I need locally. Though, I could use some of those claw mounts for my initiate staff saber, and then I could just get a larger battery and use the buck puck I bought for the stunt saber. Decisions decisions.

So, I decided not to use the Vader-esk PVC hilt I had laying around - I decided to start from scratch and my new hilt may be familiar to, well, all of you. Its similar to Ahsoka's saber but I haven't decided on adornments and/or button placement yet. I wished now I had ordered a covertec knob, if only for aesthetic purposes. Lets call the outer PVC tube the shroud, and the inner most tube the hilt. I plan on sanding down the end edges of the emitter to a 45 degree, just so there is some sort of taper. Ditto for the pommel end, where the PVC coupler fits over the shroud? That way the coupler and the shourd look a bit more unibody, so the step-up will be less intrusive, more seamless. Ill upload a photoshop concept here in a few.

Photoshop Render/ enhanced:

Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 01-13-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Sorry for the thread revival... I'm just curious if you've made progress on this? I'd like to see how it's coming along!

Sadly I Havnt made much progress on this saber lately - life! Soon... Soon I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by South-Paw Jinn View Post
    Sadly I Havnt made much progress on this saber lately - life! Soon... Soon I hope.
    haha I know all too well how life can do that to you. Well, when you do make some progress, don't forget to post it!