Thread: Building a hilt to house a carbon fibre blade

Default Building a hilt to house a carbon fibre blade

Hey, i'm new to TCSS, i've designed my hilt and i'm trying to figure out how to hold a carbon fibre rod...

(the rod is coming from a company in New Zealand, the same company that made the blades for episode 3)

Its customisable so i can get it at any length and any width for under ?20 ($30)

I just want to know if anyone knows how i could secure it in the hilt, or what i need to buy from tcss to make this happen?

Any feedback will be greatly received.

if you make the base of the rod 1" diameter, and about 1.75" long, it should fit into any of the standard TCSS blade holders, and you can secure it using a standard blade retention screw.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The carbon fiber rods are usually MUCH thinner than 1". That's about all I know.

That sounds really cool be able to get the same kind as the ones from the movie. I would get the same diameter as well. Once you know the diameter, then look for a holder solution
    This EL sink tube holder is designed for 3/4" rods. You could shoot Tim a message and see if he can cut a custom diameter in the holder you had in mind. there is always PVC piping or brass or steel bushings to pad the space between the holder and the blade.

Since its a stun saber you can drill and tap a hole clear throught the blade and emitter. Thesabershop.com has a stunt saber called The Novus and he sinks the blade half way into the hilt and isolates the blade with 'shock rings' go check it out.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I shall be posting a saber that takes one of these rods in the next couple of days (once I get pix and vid taken). That should help you, but in a nutshell, you need a 1"-->3/4" adapter to make it happen.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

hey did you ever post those pics and vids your were talking about, i can't find them?