Thread: Can anyone answer this for me?

Default Can anyone answer this for me?

How do you wire a 5mm RGB common anode led so that just the red and the blue are on? i always blow the red, any help would be appreciated!

If you're blowing the red but not the blue, it sounds like you're wiring them in parallel. Parallel wiring is fine for this, but there's an extra step. Put an appropriate resistor on the red cathode and you shouldn't blow the red anymore. See my sig for the resistor calculator I use.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

hmm ok that makes more sense, i just wish there was a wiring diagram for this, but i appreciate your help or any uyou can provide , i am famillar with wiring normal 5mm leds just not these

-

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    hmm ok that makes more sense, i just wish there was a wiring diagram for this, but i appreciate your help or any uyou can provide , i am famillar with wiring normal 5mm leds just not these

-
    Is this for the purple string blade?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

yes why

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    yes why
    Just curious, that's all.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

oh ok haha thought you were gonna be like not pissible or something lol