Thread: Parts list for semi-Quinlan Vos saber

Default Parts list for semi-Quinlan Vos saber

My GF loves Quinlan Vos. Her old MRFX Obi-Wan took a fall and broke. Lights and sound still function so i am going to harvest them for a new Saber.

So on hand now, I have a sound board, Blue LED, and a Style One blade holder from an aborted project years ago.

Here is what I am preparing to order:

Hilt style 3
    Machine Guarded style switch hole 1.5" from end
    MHS Extension Blank Style 2 (will have to get this machined with grooves, not sure where to put that on the order?)
    MPS Pommel style 9
    Latching Guarded switch with blue button Switch14
    MHS Sleeve material (will have to use my dremel-fu on this)
    MPS Insert style 7
    MPS Clip
    Trim Ring 1
    10-32 x 3/8" Red Acetal thumb screw
    Machined button for Covertec clip

I will probably need some Chassis parts. Anything I am forgetting?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

You're going to need to get a new heatsink and housing for the LED so it can actually stay in the saber. Her Obi Wan was not a stock MR, it was a conversion from somewhere and the blade holder for it does not match the TCSS Parts in the way you need them to.

i started taking it apart. the obi wan saber was modified (by who i dont know) to have a removable blade.20131120_233906[1].jpg20131120_233859[1].jpg

the silver part of the blade holder unscrewed easy enough. The LED and clash sensor are hot glued into a plastic tube of some sort. will probably have to dremel the tube off. there is a small heatsink on the LED.20131120_235149[1].jpg20131120_235204[1].jpg

so yeah, new heatsink is needed. good call!
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

After seeing that, I know who precisely did the conversion of the saber. You might just be better off getting a new LED module. May cost a bit more, but you'll be able to get the proper green LED and all that good stuff cause there really isn't going to be an easy or effective way to get that LED unattached from all that glue it's stuck to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarich View Post
    you'll be able to get the proper green LED.
    Its for my GF, she likes blue or yellow more than green. But yeah, i agree

I agree. It'd probably be best to get a brand new LED module and heatsink. Depending on how old your bladeholder is, you may need to get one of the "old style" heatsinks, if you don't already have one.

I don't see anything significant missing from your parts list, other than a screw for your covertec button.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

just going for new blade holder. will look closer to QV's that way

My guess is a BH 14 with the bottom two discs turned down?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    My guess is a BH 14 with the bottom two discs turned down?

Nope. Ordered a http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...le-2-P709.aspx with grooves in it to match the http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hi...le-3-P868.aspx

Oh my God. It's finally finished. Pix to follow in the gallery section