Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Flyby's Padawan Saber

Here's an update, courtesy of my new little Sony Handicam:

I hate the way my recorded voice sounds. I assure you, the voice I hear is much better.
    "It makes it so much more interesting when the odd are stacked against you, don't you think?" -- Han Solo (from Force Heretic III: Reunion)

My first Saber in progress!

Ahh bridged connections. I've done that my fair share of times. It's easy to clean up, luckily.

The completed design looks darn good. I really like it. How do the trim rings feel while holding the lightsaber? They look like the would keep your hand nice and centered in the grip. The huge screw looks a lot better than I expected as well; I take back any negativity I expressed toward it.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If nothing else send it in and I will clean it and test it.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

The grip with the trim rings is super comfortable. The grooved peice really is too; I neglected to mention that. The combination of the two really works well.

I ordered some stuff today, including a different pommel; the shorter version of the one I have now. I think it'll tighten up the design just a little. For some reason, it always looked a little too long to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    If nothing else send it in and I will clean it and test it.
    I haven't ranted enough about how awesome you are, Tim. I'm gonna try cleaning it myself once, and if I can't make it work, I'll take you up on it. Thanks so very much.
    "It makes it so much more interesting when the odd are stacked against you, don't you think?" -- Han Solo (from Force Heretic III: Reunion)

A small change, but it made a huge difference.

DSC00005.jpgDSC00006.jpg

It looks remarkably smaller with the new pommel. Still looks good, though I like the old pommel as well.

This project certainly has taken longer than I had thought. No worries though.

I sent the blade holder back to Tim last week, because originally I had forgotten to ask him to make a flat spot for the Graflex knob. It wasn't very noticeable, really... except to me. It bugged me. Well, it's fixed now. Tim did a beautiful job as usual, and now all is right with the world.

Before: DSC00011.jpg

After: DSC00016.jpg

There was also the matter of getting a D ring setup into the new, shorter pommel. Even with snap-ring pliers, the original wasn't coming apart. I tried and tried... and then I gave up and bought a second D-ring insert. No big deal really.

DSC00018.jpg

So now if I can get a full day off work (rare) I can put the time into wiring the NB, and It'll finally be finished.