Thread: custom brass swich

Default custom brass swich

Does anyone know how to make a small brass tactile momentary switch. Much like the ones that genesis custom sabers uses?

Thanks

You could always contact him about his switches. He may be willing to sell one separately but don't expect him to give away someting he might consider a trade secret.

It would be a major pain to "make" a switch that size from scratch so I'm guessing that he probably makes a brass cover (with his lathe) to go over a commercialy manufactured switch. The TCSS store here, has 2 small switches all you would have to do is create the cap. There are lots of small brass things at hardware stores, if you don't have a lathe you can start there and file/sand something to your needs.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Most of us who make that style of switch make 'hats' to top lighted or non-lighted tactile switches. While you can probably find ready made things for this purpose, we tend to make them on lathes etc. However, it doesn't necessarily have to be done this way and the creative mind and good scavenger can find very interesting things to use for this purpose

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

This is definitely something I have been wondering too.

Another thought, those tactile switches sometimes protrude a lot more and look like they would be in the way while dueling, etc. Is it okay to sand them down some?

Yes, I have sanded them down to fit my graflex

I am also looking for tiny smd leds that are usually used as various types of bar or circular graphs.

I purchased a tri rebel ggw. How do I find out which color each die is?

if you look closely you should notice that one is different from the other two. If you can't, then use a couple of batts and some wire to try the solder points. dont do it too long if you're not useing a resistor, but a quick touch should do it.