Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a few good jedi, smugglers, or bounty hunters...

Default Looking for a few good jedi, smugglers, or bounty hunters...

As the title states, I'm looking for a few people to play Star Wars Galaxies with. It is a massively multiplayer online role playing game for the computer.

Before any of you flame saying the game sucks, I've just started playing again after a 7 month break and they have really made a ton a improvements. So bascially I'm asking that if you really hate or hated the game before please hold your tongue unless you try it now.

This game really has it all if you like star wars, player verus player combat, exotic locals, and lots of interesting quests to do. Roleplaying is optional but that would be fun to do as well. Its a game that is what you make of it. You get to have 2 characters per server and try everything out. There is a really great space section where you can build and fly ships in an x-wing vs. tie fighter style way. Even though the game isn't perfect (none are really) its as immersive as you can get into the Star Wars Universe.

There are 9 different professions to try out such as jedi, bounty hunters, commandos, smugglers, officers, spys, medics, entertainers and crafters. In game you own buildings such as houses, cantinas, and guild halls. Its really in depth and very immersive.

I'm currently a neutral jedi on the Scylla server (galaxy). While it is true that there is an excellent community already in game to interact with I think its more special when you have friends that play. That being said anyone on this board that would like to play I can help out with the basic items in game. It would be a great time.

Technical info:

There is a new starter pack coming out in November, and it has all the expansion packs included. There is another out right now that has all but the last one. Each expansion was a new playable planet in the game.

The game can be purchased anywhere (like walmart or target) for about 20 dollars. That includes 30 days of free game play. After your 30 day trial its 15 dollars a month. Not a whole lot when you work it out.

There is more info here with some nice screenshots:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=468642

System Requirments:
    Operating System: Windows 98 SE, Millennium, 2000, and XP
    100% DirectX 9.0 compatible computer
    CPU: Minimum: Intel PIII 933 MHz or AMD Athlon 900 MHz Recommended: Intel P4 1.5+ GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
    RAM: Minimum: 256 MB RAM
    Recommended: 512 MB RAM
    Video Card
    Required: 32 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability
    Recommended: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability Sound
    Card: PCI, USB or Onboard Audio Device
    CD-ROM: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive or better
    Keyboard and mouse 56K modem or faster Internet connection
    Display: 1024 x 768 capable monitor

Thats it guys! If anyone is interested just send me a pm or we can discuss it on here. It would be really cool if we set up our own TCSS guild in the game. (Thats direct advertising to TCSS's target market).

May the force be with you!
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

Some screenshots of the game from my system:

This is a pic of my current character on a mountain over looking a lake on Endor:

This is a group of my friends when we first started our own city:

The imperial patrol just landed...

Blocking incoming blaster fire:

Two Jedi dueling in the streets of Theed:

My character in Luke ROTJ gear:

My smuggler with a pilots helmet on:

And finally, some really cool looking Bounty Hunter armor:

Thanks for the spec info Yoi.

Looks like my Laptops aint going to do it.

Time to get the gaming computer up once and for all.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

I know what you mean, when this first came out in 2003 I had my computer from freshman year. It just wasn't able to run it smoothly. After I got a new computer for christmas, the first thing I did was buy the game.

If you can do it I totally recommend the best graphics card you can afford and at least 1GB of ram. It can be run at the min settings but the graphics in this game are outstanding, if you can crank it up.

Currently I have this system (A little dated now but it works fine)

Windows Xp
    P IV 2.33 Ghz
    1 GB of ram (all my motherboard will accept )
    SB Audity Sound Card
    256mb ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Graphics Card (you can get these at walmart for about 100 bucks now)
    DSL Internet connection

Well Yoi thanks alot. You have convinced me that maybe I should try the game. I have never been a fan of games that you had to pay monthly to play, but I guess I need to rethink this one. My system will handle it fine, so now I just need to break down and get it. I may wait until the latest edition comes out in November, but I will let you know if I get it. Thanks for the invitation as well.

Np, there is even a free trial version available online if you want to try that until it comes out.

i wanna play but the only prob is that i dont wanna pay the monthly amount
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Well, that would be a problem then.

Hey Yoi from what I have been reading online SWG is dying off. Do you find that to be true? What I read said that there were not very many people playing it, and that it wasn't as fun since there were less people playing. What do you think? I would like to play, but if it is dying off I am not sure I want to start it up and get hooked.

Depends on who you talk to really. I play on scylla and while its always been one of the smaller servers I think its completely riduculous to think the game its 'dying'. There are always people around in the major cities.

While it is no doubt that the population is smaller now there is also a change in the way people are spread out though the game. Initially doctor buffs made it a necessity for people to constantly be hanging out together in the major cities to receive these. Now thats not the case.

Keep in mind also that there are 12 planets in the game and a space sector for each of them. Just because you log into theed and it seems no one is really around doesn't mean its empty by any means. Over the last month many of my guild has returned to the game because of the quality of the recent publishes.

So while you are free to believe anything you want about the game. I've played it, and I'm playing it again and I'm really having a great time. At least give the free trial a chance, if you like it then you can decide.

EDIT: Even though I play on scylla I'd be willing to play on the most populated servers such as Bria or Ahazi. The only difference is that I wouldn't have the resources to support everyone from the get go, we'd all be noobs.

Thanks for the info Yoi. I figured it was something like that, but I wanted to ask someone who actually played before plunking down the money. Do you know when in November that new edition of the game will come out? If it is in early Nov then I will just wait, but if it is in late Nov I will get the free trial. Once you get the free trial can you upgrade to the latest edition easily?

How would you like us to join your group? Is there one particular category of player that you need filled? I would want to be of use to your group if I played. Let us know so we can hook up and play.