Thread: Newbie question: Graflex 2 cell Luxeon build?

Default Newbie question: Graflex 2 cell Luxeon build?

Guys,

I recently picked up a vintage Graflex 2 cell flashgun at a local flea market for a great price. I know it's short and not the 3 cell they used in the movie. Since I don't really care that much about screen accuracy and whatnot, so I wonder if I can make it into a single hand short sword with Luxeon tube. The blade is probably going to be 30" or less. I don't plan to add a crystal chamber and such. There's no room for those bells and whistles. I just want to build a very bright and durable saber for dueling. It would be nice to have good quality basic saber humming, clashing, on/off sounds. Custom sound fonts not needed. That's about it.

Has anyone done this before? Any online tutorials? I want to use this vintage 2 cell because it has some nostalgic quality to it and it's a close sibling to the 3 cell Graflex.

Since I'm new to the Luxeon saber building, any advice would be appreciated.

The parts I'm getting are(please add in if I missed anything):

Nano Biscotte sound module V1;
    30" LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD, double wrap, bullet tip;
    TCSS Luxeon Tri-rebel star (green/green/white)
    TCSS Luxeon 18deg Tri-rebel star lens
    TCSS star thermal tape pad
    Led graflex adapter
    2W Bass speaker
    Batteries(any recommendations?)
    Now, my other important question would be: how to hold all those internal parts together. I assume I'd need some kind of hilt "core" or "bracket" to hold everything in place. They probably need to be able to take some shock if I will use it for dueling.

Thank guys.

KB

graflex_2cell.jpg

Look at the chassis discs section in the store, there are some made specifically for graflex flashes. There may be some listed in the graflex section, too.

Edit: this is the disc set you will most likely need: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Gr...-S16-P882.aspx
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 11-08-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.