Thread: First Saber In Years Coming

Default First Saber In Years Coming

so as the title says. I'm finally doing my first custom saber here soon. It'll be a rebel green blade, 4 AA battery set up with a 700ma buck puck, 36 inch corbin battle blade, brass button head screw for the blade, the crystal design pommel cap. Here is the main hilt design. It'll be called Peace Keeper because this is a type of saber I can see a peace keeping Jedi would use.Saber13.jpg So I hope you guys will like my design. This will be my main saber for everything. The choke will be good for spinning. The non lit av switch will be 3 inches under the choke. I might add a trim ring too under the choke. Maybe even a small shroud of some type. Give me some design ideas if you want. I really like the idea of this saber and I can't wait to get her done. I'll also have a first hand made costume at some point. The base will be black and tabards will be dark brown, so Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker inspired basically. I'll be getting the black robe from Jedi Robe America for that seems to the to go to place for good quality robes if you can't spend that much. Or maybe I'll do desert themed colors for my costume. Not too sure yet. Hope you like my saber design. Green has really grown on me so yeah. I know a rebel green can run up to 1000ma but all those buck pucks are out of stock so I'm just doing 700 so it'll be easy for me since this will be a first build in years. The LED will be the complete module.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

You should go with a resister. As long as there's enough current to meet the LEDs need then it will be full brightness and you could even overdrive it a little for extra brightness. I have done several stunt sabers with them and think buckpucks are overrated. You can always swap it for a puck later.

I saw the new pre-wired buck puck and the 1000ma is in stock so I'm good. As long as I pay attention I'll be good plus the pucks are labeled after all. I just like my blades to be bright. The info for a Rebel blue says 700ma but can be run at 1000ma but I want this one done right ya know.

Thanks for the advice anyway though. =]