Thread: NOOB mistake during conversion attempt!! HELP!!

Default NOOB mistake during conversion attempt!! HELP!!

While attempting to convert a master replica ESB Vader I attempted to push out the emittor assembly through the pommel instead of out the blade holder, as per the tutorial. After having removed all the screws, the internals started to slide out through the pommel and got a little stuck. So silly me, I decided to exert a little force and now its stuck pretty good (and by a little force, I mean a lot of force and by a little stuck I mean I-might-as-well-have-poured-superglue-into-the-hilt stuck). Any ideas? Maybe the grips come off and free space on the inside? I could really use a hand getting this taken care of!

...my wife is considerably angry at the pile of loose parts in the living room.

I would suggest using a hair drier to warm up the metal of the hilt as much as you can for expansion (without damaging the internal parts). Then carefully apply evenly distributed force back through the pommel towards the emitter with small taps vs big whacks. Hope that works.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot on my Birthday this week. Getting this done would be a pretty good Birthday present.
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.