Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Frosting the Blade"

What other pics do you want James?

It's not a complete blade, I lost the mirror for the tip, and I was waiting for my next order to get a sholdered tip w/ the reflective tape.

Those pics are a very good representation of what it looks like. Even down to the grain in the Blasted Blade.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

can anyone tell me what grit of sandpaper to use or maybe steel wool ,and do you think i should do this to a darth maul fx,ya think it would look good.if so i'll do it.i rather use sandpaper though.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Did you not read the very first friggin post?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

why not just use a normal diffuser? yea, its really hard and confusing.....
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

If you are using a 3/4 inch led blade I recommend you do NOT frost it. I've had pretty poor results with one that was beadblasted compared to my others. It is MUCH brighter if only corbin's film is used.
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

hey yoia would using a 3 degree lens work perfectly in a 3/4" blade saber?

Countdown using a standard diffuser is fine unless your scratches are on the OUTSIDE. My boys blade has been used non stop for close to a year. It had a diffuser in it. It was time to play.

Just sanding gave good but not great results. Sanding and adding some of xwings matte has certainly help smooth it out a bit more. The blade looks nice with the extra width IMHO, I like the little Corbin style coring thing going on too but it isnt quite as detailed.

All in all, it is neat, I plan on trying some other things as well, like I said it's play time. I will keep puting up pics as long as the dang camera keeps working which is not certain.

Yoi, I too had an old 3/4" blade that I had blasted and it sucked for LEDs. I am willing to stay open minded on your setup since the pics have been very nice but all of my experience with 3/4" has not been favorable.

Also, a 3 degree or 5 dgreee is not going to make any difference in what we do. The blade diameter really does not change that.

yea but i thought that the tighter the beam, the more evenly lit the blade would be

It just doesnt matter for what we do. Like Ultra said several months ago, it makes a big difference when you use these as flashlights.

i guess.