Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A couple of PVC & sink tube sabers. Log.

12 in the last 4 months, and i'm finishing another 3 :P

I want to finish all for my friends for christmas so i'm not having so much time to take pics

Ok, it was long time without updating this post. I just hadn't enought time to take WIP pics. Right now I have less work so I can spend little bit more time building sabers

i want to share with you what I done those weeeks:

First of alll I did 3 stunt sabers:

Blue huey Jann 5W 120 lumens led, 3xAAA

Green huey Jann 5W 200 lumens led; 3xAAA

Blue huey Jann 5W 120 lumens led, 3xAAA

Later I started the Hasbro econo board sound sabers:

Blue, red, blue

At first i started with the resin chassis, but I wasn't happy enought:

So i tried to build compact sound modules in some 25mm sleeves that I can insert in the 32mm pipe, and as speaker is glued to it and everything vibrates so it's much louder

And at last I build one with nano biscotte (I really love this board):

Red huey Jann 115 lumens led; 1x18650 battery

And i used same compact sound module as with hasbro's. I used battery holders as I't being hard to find in Spain recharge ports and battery wired chargers.

so that's what i was doing those weeks.
    I still have to build 2 more hasbro sabers and one more nano biscotte one. did i said that I love this board?

I'm testing hoow it looks a texturized airon fix (adhesive vinyl) for grip. It looks and feel like skin and it's cheap.

What do you think?

and that's how they look finished:

both with hasbro cheap board one red one blue.

They look great. What technique did you use for the weathering? It replicates that look you can get with baking olive oil on metal saber parts (but that would obviously melt the pvc).

just painting.

I'm proffesional miniature painter (plumb soldiers for those who didn't know) so in fact is more or less the same techniques as painting a scale tank model wheatered.

Basically I start from a flat metal painting and then I use airbrush to paint shadows in different tones of black and brown.

Then I add some texture pointing more paint in different tones, that pointing is done from small to big first using airbrush at low presure, then pointing with a brush and then with a spronge. I paint too some scratches with straignt lines withh black and white.

After that I aply some whases with different inks (brown, black, yellow, green... depending what you are looking for) and finally I cover all with glossy varnish.