Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: red9 by batosai

Default red9 by batosai

Hello!

I wanted to show you my newest saber:

RED9

This saber was inpired by the engine of a x-wing fighter and so I wanted to capture the basic style elements of the x-wing and especially its engines.
    The whole saber is based on mhs parts that where modyfied by etching, additional layers made with aluminium tubes and some lathe work on the baldeholder.
    Because od the style of the x-wing and the whole trilogy I didn't want to make a clean saber, it should have its edges and scratches. Otherwise it just wouldn't represent an x-wing

Specs:
    Crystal Focus v6 with Cex
    10W LED Engine RGBW
    2 18650 liion battery cells
    reverse sound setup
    iluminated pommel
    custom etches

And of course some pics:

I hope you like it.

BR batosai

Wow. That's a really great saber! I love the blade plug and the etching looks amazing!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

That is absolutely amazing! Beautifully executed; a real piece of Art...

Very cool saber. Love the detail.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Nice work! It came out really well!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Now that's incredible. I'm actually speechless. Also, that lavender/pink blade is just... awesome.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

As I said at FX, I'm very impressed. Proud you should be. Kick arse saber you have made

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Amazing, more art than saber.

This looks beautiful! Looks like a dream to wield too!

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

This is one of the most beautiful sabers I have ever seen. Your attention to detail is incredible! WOnderful job.