Thread: Conversion of a Hasbro 2010 FX Darth Vader removable lightsaber for 501st approval

Default Conversion of a Hasbro 2010 FX Darth Vader removable lightsaber for 501st approval

Hello,

After searching this forum board and not quite finding the answers I am looking for, can someone please advise of the following?

What parts are needed in order to convert a 2010 Hasbro FX Darth Vader lightsaber into either an ESB or ROTJ version? It looks like the black grip blades need to be replaced with longer ones up to the middle of the body, removal of that center piece sticking out near the switch, coloring the sides of the switch from chrome to black. Correct me if I am wrong or other areas need to be modded.

What parts are needed to change the blade to a 3w Luxeon version? I am not looking for a battle version but only for showing.

There is an FX conversion kit for $27.30, item #VaderConv, but it doesn't look like it includes the extended grips and other parts needed.

The tutorial on the forum board shows a step by step conversion of a 2005 MR Vader, but I can't find a 2010 Hasbro Vader demonstration.

Any ideas?

THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Lurks View Post
    Hello,

After searching this forum board and not quite finding the answers I am looking for, can someone please advise of the following?

What parts are needed in order to convert a 2010 Hasbro FX Darth Vader lightsaber into either an ESB or ROTJ version? It looks like the black grip blades need to be replaced with longer ones up to the middle of the body, removal of that center piece sticking out near the switch, coloring the sides of the switch from chrome to black. Correct me if I am wrong or other areas need to be modded.

What parts are needed to change the blade to a 3w Luxeon version? I am not looking for a battle version but only for showing.

There is an FX conversion kit for $27.30, item #VaderConv, but it doesn't look like it includes the extended grips and other parts needed.

The tutorial on the forum board shows a step by step conversion of a 2005 MR Vader, but I can't find a 2010 Hasbro Vader demonstration.

Any ideas?

THanks.
    Hey man...

I don't know if this is going to be any help... but as Han said "Better short help than no help."

I just happened to find this thread because I am looking for parts to restore my 2010 Vader. Basically I have a working hilt, but I think that I am going to gut it, & put a Makoto system in because I think that the electronics are starting to fail as well. I have a bunch of parts that I am planning on selling in the next week or 2... & I was testing out a few of the blades that I have... & they all have a dim spot all in the same location when put into this hilt. So I have a feeling that the connection is starting to go.

But long story short... it's a German site... but the instructions are in English of how to disassemble every MR & Hasbro lightsaber that has been made up to the last few years. They have the Vader that you are wondering how to mod. So I hope that this helps?.

http://www.saberproject.de/hasbro/tutorials_e.html

Now only if I can find the parts that I am missing... I will be in business!

I hope this helps!

Derrick
    Last edited by thebigdb; 03-08-2014 at 04:31 PM.

And then there are auctions on eBay like this from time to time...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-wars-in...item338bae1053