Thread: My first build parts list. Do I have everything?

Question My first build parts list. Do I have everything?

I am a complete novice at building a lightsaber so help would be much appreciated. Am I missing anything or do I have something wrong? I want to make sure I have everything right before purchasing $300+ of items. Please, teach me the art of saber building!

Kill plug style 3
    Premium Speaker
    Pommel style 3
    Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module(Deep Red)
    MWS Short Latching 16mm AV Switch (Amber Ring)
    Petit Crouton V2.0 Sound Module SD card
    Screw on LED blade holder style 23
    Hilt style 4 (Recessed AV switch hole)
    8-32 x .3" anodized thumb screw
    LED Trans White Battle blade 1" OD (32 inches)
    7.4v Li-ion 1600mAh 14500 Battery Pack
    3.7V-14.8V Li-Ion Smart charger
    2.1mm plug adapter for smart charger
    MWS Recharge Port
    MWS Pre-Wired Petit Crouton Sound Module V2.0 (Dark Meat)
    JST connectors
    Recharge port hole service (Style 1)- location: Near the bottom of the main body where a corertec knob usually goes. (Using the covertec kill key)
    Drill & Tap Hole (8-32)-location: Drill hole in blade holder to screw in retention screw.
    Last edited by 1ogan; 10-17-2013 at 03:45 AM.

First of all, welcome to the world of saber building (and to this forum)!

Your list looks pretty good, but here are some things that are missing or to consider:
    - you'll need a pommel insert for sound
    - an auxiliary switch to take advantage of the PC2.0 features (otherwise i suggest going with the Nano Biscotte, in which case you'll only need one momentary switch)
    - also, with your saber consisting of just a pommel, body, and blade holder, it will be on the short side, which will make make installation with a PC more difficult (but not impossible) ... just something to keep in mind...
    - i also noticed that you listed an SD card separately. The SD card comes with the PC, so you won't need to order it again, unless you plan on buying an extra.

Well, i think that's all the advice i have. I'm sure others will chime in. Have fun building your first saber! It's addictive!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    First of all, welcome to the world of saber building (and to this forum)!

Your list looks pretty good, but here are some things that are missing or to consider:
    - you'll need a pommel insert for sound
    - an auxiliary switch to take advantage of the PC2.0 features (otherwise i suggest going with the Nano Biscotte, in which case you'll only need one momentary switch)
    - also, with your saber consisting of just a pommel, body, and blade holder, it will be on the short side, which will make make installation with a PC more difficult (but not impossible) ... just something to keep in mind...
    - i also noticed that you listed an SD card separately. The SD card comes with the PC, so you won't need to order it again, unless you plan on buying an extra.

Well, i think that's all the advice i have. I'm sure others will chime in. Have fun building your first saber! It's addictive!
    - Could you send the links to acquire the pommel insert the auxiliary switch?
    -I thought about that actually. I will also buy a choke to lengthen the body.
    -I didn't know the pc already came with a card. Thanks for the advice! Every bit of money I can save is always a plus. ^^

Yeah having a choke with that BH will look real nice!

Sorry, just noticed that you are using pommel style 3 (and not 3v1 or 3v2 i'm guessing) in which case you won't need an insert since it's already vented for sound If you do need them though, the pommel inserts are listed in the same section with the actual pommel pieces http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pommels-C34.aspx

Any momentary switch will work as an auxiliary switch (controls blaster, force effect, and lockup sounds): http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Momentary-C24.aspx
    Just remember to add the service for another switch hole (or for an activation box) if you don't plan on doing it yourself!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Alright, I added these to my list:
    MWS Short Momentary 16mm AV Switch (Orange Ring)
    Machine recessed AV switch hole-location: Right under my main av switch hole. (This will be for my momentary switch.)
    MHS choke style 2

Just submitted my order. I can't wait to start building this thing! ^^
    Thank you for all your help!
    (I'll post pictures of the finished product on here once it is complete.)
    Last edited by 1ogan; 10-17-2013 at 10:22 PM.