Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Petit Crouton Won't function!

If you've got a Mac, I don't know. They're magics to me.
    If you've got Windows7 (like me), place the card into your reader (mine looks like a memory stick that plugs into a USB port). If you open "Computer" off your desktop, it'll open a window that shows all your active drives. Under "Devices with Removable Storage" there's probably a cd/dvd icon (probably called D), and one (E) that might be called Lightmeat (the spare I've got has been renamed, so I'm guessing on the original name). Below that it should say something like 1.83GB free of 1.83GB, that shows the card's overall storage capacity. Double clicking shows the list of files, but you want to Right Click over the (E) drive icon (the whole thing will light up), which calls up a menu. Down towards the bottom of the list is "Format..." and another menu will pop up. At the bottom, check "Quick Format", press Start, wait a few seconds, and you're done. Then copy the Lightmeat files back onto the drive (which for PetitCroutonLightmeat2.0 is a total of 28 files, 2 .txt and 26 wave sound files) all at once.

Darn, you FJK. Beat me to it, and my novel took so long I timed out.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    You would have to remove the SD card, use a little card reader, and format it the same way you would reformat a floppy disk or a removable drive. The manual covers this I believe.
    Unfortunately, nothing happened. Maybe I did it wrong, but I don't think so.

Thanks amwolf. My dumb self did not even realize that I need a card reader. I was simply plugging the card right into the computer. I hoped that would work. I need to purchase a card reader.

Actually, the answer may be no. My desktop at the office has a slot in it I can plug cards into, my home one does not. If your system has a port, the procedure should be essentially the same, assuming it recognizes the card.

Okay. Then before I accidentally do any damage, I will buy a card reader tomorrow.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I am confused.. How do you know the switch setting was at 1 unless you had a way to read the card?
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Jedi View Post
    I was simply plugging the card right into the computer. I hoped that would work. I need to purchase a card reader.
    If you can plug the card (and only the card) into your computer and read the files, then you don't need a card reader. You already have one built into your computer.

If you've just been plugging the saber in and using RICE, then that's a different story.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I am confused.. How do you know the switch setting was at 1 unless you had a way to read the card?
    I have been plugging the card directly into my computer.