Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Petit Crouton Won't function!

Default Petit Crouton Won't function!

So I have my petit crouton 2.0 all wired up (correctly) I put the SD card in after making the necessary changes to the config file. I pull out the kill key, the boot sound activates as it should. I activate the saber, the poweron sound plays, and then it immediately plays the boot sound again. It then plays the boot and poweron sounds in a loop until I reinsert the kill key. Why is this? Have I done something wrong?

What kind of switch are you using and what is the switch setting configured to?

I'm using a latching switch, and the switch setting is set to 1.

I'm really not sure what could be causing this issue.

With the entire wiring setup sitting outside the hilt, does it still do it? If not, you may have a grounding issue... You could also try disconnecting the main LED then powering it up. Isolate and eliminate...
    Alternatively, have you tried another SD card, just in case there's something wonky there?

There maybe something grounding out, but the wiring is so tight that I can't remove it. I did try a sound card with the workings form the PC 1.2 on it and that worked fine. I will try another sd card with the 2.0 stuff on it see if that works.

Okay. SO it only seems to works with the sd card from the PC 1.2 or 1.5 whatever it was.

Sounds like a formatting issue on the old card. Try reformatting it and see if that helps?

How does one reformat, or even format a card?

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Jedi View Post
    How does one reformat, or even format a card?
    You would have to remove the SD card, use a little card reader, and format it the same way you would reformat a floppy disk or a removable drive. The manual covers this I believe.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com