Thread: Juice for a 2khz inverter

Default Juice for a 2khz inverter

I just picked up a strobing inverter to run 20 ft of EL wire for a costume...what would you all recommend to use for batteries? It's rated for 9v, but I was thinking of using 12. I've seen that you can run Tim's 4khz one higher than recommended, but I wasn't sure about the 2's...
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It always makes me shake my head in wonder when someone buys something from somewhere else and then asks questions about it on here.

But anyways, Its hard to say. I would slowly step it up and stop raising the voltage when it is noticeably hotter than at 9v. I would imagine raising the voltage will also mess with the strobing effect.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thanks and sorry, I figured it might be ok to ask since it's not something that you offer or plan to that I know of...plus I couldn't really find any info elsewhere. Guess I'll know for next time, no disrespect...

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    It always makes me shake my head in wonder when someone buys something from somewhere else and then asks questions about it on here.

But anyways, Its hard to say. I would slowly step it up and stop raising the voltage when it is noticeably hotter than at 9v. I would imagine raising the voltage will also mess with the strobing effect.

Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

evil smileys...