Thread: Inverter Question

Default Inverter Question

Does an EL lightsaber inverter ever make a loud whinning sound when its on because ive heard about many cases of that happening.

Loud is relative.

I don't think so. And that is even pushing it at 18volts.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Some do, some don't whine.

I have some I've bought from other sources, before this place existed. For example, the one I have from Lightech Industries that's in my first hardware EL saber that I built on '02 does whine a bit. The one in my older Parks M2 whines, but the one in my newer Parks Fusion does not.

I have a 4kHz inverter from this store and have played with it, but haven't mounted it in anything yet, but I don't recall hearing anything from it when I've powered it up with 9 and 12V. I haven't tried it at 18V yet.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 10-15-2009 at 01:52 AM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

i have been running some el wire on a hilt that i posted a pic of recently, the inverter did make a whine, but it was faint. Any other background noise at all blotted it out. Putting it in a hilt quieted it down a bit as well, almost inaudible if i was holding it at normal arms length even in a quiet room.

unless your running off like 30 volts and the endcap is off then you can hear the whine. but even at 18v you can barely hear it.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.