Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My take on the Mandalorian dark bladed lightsaber.

Default My take on the Mandalorian dark bladed lightsaber.

Thanks for taking a look at my work.
    This is my version is the black blade seen in the Clone Wars TV show.

The saber its self is a 1" ID aluminum tube with 3/4" copper tube accents, at 10 7/8" long from the copper emitter piont.
    Powering a P4 white LED with with a single 14500 li-ion battery because of the space in the tube. This is a stunt saber. One day I will have the cash for a Nano Biscotte to be put into my sabers. But for now just the stunts at this size.

The blade, is acrylic at 2' long, 1.5" wide and 1/4" thick cut and shaped to be the blade you see. There is also a 29 3/4" long Poly C blade as well. I love a 3/4" blade for the more laser look it gives a saber. I think folks worry too much about the 3/4" blades. They hold up just fine at 35" to 30" long. It may whip just a lil but not much at that size, plus it's Poly C witch can withstand the impact. Poly C can withstand 250 times the impact of glass as to acrylic can only do 15 times the impact. So there's my logic for using 3/4" blades.

Why use acrylic and not Poly C for the black blade? Poly does not polish as well as acrylic and it's not as clear. Plus for a 1/4" peace 12.80/sq.ft, is costly anyway. Acrylic is cheaper and better looking. Thanks for looking and I hope the pics are cool.

http://youtu.be/b1GvcfVrxws

Thanks for lookin guys!!
    Last edited by Ripper; 10-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.

eruycnwsiuvnsiucnailucyaqui8wecjcuim

That's cool! Probably the prettiest blade I've ever seen. All the intricate little details.. ugh! That had to have been a pain to do.

Dude. The most wicked awesome build I've seen. You completely pulled off the Clone Wars Mando blade. =] Keep it up.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Very well done! (Not as durable but the most screen accurate I've seen so far).. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

I do not believe anything past the words of... wow can describe the work you put into this piece artwork.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

That is really awesome Ripper! Very innovative, well done!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Thank you to all. This is just a first. I plan to make more and test out Polly c. But I'm afraid the light won't shine as bright as it will through acrylic. I am honored by your compliments.

That's a great looking blade there. I definitely wouldn't want to duel with the acrylic blade. Too much work down the drain from a single hard impact.

But it looks really nice.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Pretty awesome take on it, got me thinking lol

Oh wow. That is brilliant. Well done indeed.