Thread: My take on the Mandalorian dark bladed lightsaber.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My take on the Mandalorian dark bladed lightsaber.

Thanks for taking a look at my work.
    This is my version is the black blade seen in the Clone Wars TV show.

The saber its self is a 1" ID aluminum tube with 3/4" copper tube accents, at 10 7/8" long from the copper emitter piont.
    Powering a P4 white LED with with a single 14500 li-ion battery because of the space in the tube. This is a stunt saber. One day I will have the cash for a Nano Biscotte to be put into my sabers. But for now just the stunts at this size.

The blade, is acrylic at 2' long, 1.5" wide and 1/4" thick cut and shaped to be the blade you see. There is also a 29 3/4" long Poly C blade as well. I love a 3/4" blade for the more laser look it gives a saber. I think folks worry too much about the 3/4" blades. They hold up just fine at 35" to 30" long. It may whip just a lil but not much at that size, plus it's Poly C witch can withstand the impact. Poly C can withstand 250 times the impact of glass as to acrylic can only do 15 times the impact. So there's my logic for using 3/4" blades.

Why use acrylic and not Poly C for the black blade? Poly does not polish as well as acrylic and it's not as clear. Plus for a 1/4" peace 12.80/sq.ft, is costly anyway. Acrylic is cheaper and better looking. Thanks for looking and I hope the pics are cool.

http://youtu.be/b1GvcfVrxws

Thanks for lookin guys!!
    Last edited by Ripper; 10-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.