Thread: Accent leds on Crystal focus.

Default Accent leds on Crystal focus.

Hi guys

Just a small question.

I'm waiting for my order of MHS parts but I'm already "working" on a second saber or an upgrade.
    I just have a little problem. The owner's manual of the crystal focus 6.5 says : "The board outputs 3.3V / 18mA max per accent"

The thing is that I have a stock of led (a good friend gave me a box that contained 100 led of different sizes and colors for free, thanks again ) but all the leds run at 20mA.

see where the problem is? The pads can only give 18mA but my leds need 20mA. Should I find leds that requires less mA?
    The force is with me on the road, but I think the force ignores me when i'm doing math!

No, you'll be fine. Just make sure you properly resistor the yellows and reds.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok thanks FJK

I'm gonna use the green leds i have. I use 2.2v 20mA leds. So if i'm correct : (3,3 - 2,2) / 18 = 61.111..... ohm
    Will that work with a 68ohm resistor?. (if i bridge the resistor footprints). Or should i use 61.9 ohm 0603 SMT resistors?
    The force is with me on the road, but I think the force ignores me when i'm doing math!

2.2V for a green? Hmmm. A 68 Ohm 1/8W resistor would be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok thanks. No need to buy new resistors then ^^

these links will help you in the future:

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

usually, colors like blue/green..etc are around 3-3.3v vF.. and other colors like yellows/reds are about 1.8-2.2v vF..

so 68 Ohms seems to be correct.. (if it truly is a 2.2v vF green led..)..

however... (not that it m maters in this case) but most leds, especially HB, SMD leds, can be lit up decently at only a few mA..