Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: crystal focus chasis?

Quote Originally Posted by e13azar View Post
    i was looking at the igniter. i really like the price...whats the difference between that and the CF?
    has anyone ever done a comparison chart on the two?
    That's like comparing apples to... well... slightly different apples. They both have features that are unique to their brand, so a direct comparison isn't really helpful. I'd say just pick up the manual and read up on what can be done with each board, then make an informed decision on which one to buy.

Or just do what I did and get both.

went with the cf. i have a tri rebel im wireing up to it.
    what kind of resister do i need for the red?
    what battery pack should i use?

went with the cf. i have a tri rebel im wireing up to it.
    what kind of resister do i need for the red?
    what battery pack should i use?
    or does the cf have the required resisters built in?

For the CF, you can use any 7.4V pack that would fit within your hilt. As far as resisting the red goes, did you get a color extender?
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-11-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

did not get a color extender.
    but will be doing color mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    For the CF, you can use any 7.4V pack that would fit within your hilt. As far as resisting the red goes, did you get a color extender?
    do I have to use a 7.4 or can i use less?

do I have to use a 7.4 or can i use less?
    Unless you're going to do the hack for a 3.7v battery, using one of the 7.4 V battery packs Tim sells is highly recommended.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

orderd the 7.4 so what resistor do I need for the red? if I want to do color mixing.
    did not get the extender.

Since you have a CF, you don't need a resistor. What you would want to do is attach the Red to the main LED pads, and attach the green and blue to the FoC pads underneath the board (see the manual for reference). You would control the current to the LEDs by setting in the configuration files. You may want to read over the manual a few times to get use to everything.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Thanks. actually still waiting for my cf to come in the mail. have read thr manual twice but do plan on reading it again. whats max current for the red?