Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nano Biscotte won't boot, no sound, no LED

Here's links to hi-res photos (closeups) of the LED and switch. Alas, you can't see the solder joints on the switch as they're covered by heat shrink. However, we have put a tester on the switch and it's solid. The LED, likewise, lights up when directly connected to a battery, no problems. So I don't think it's a solder issue.

http://www.elflair.com/images/IK/solder1.jpg

http://www.elflair.com/images/IK/solder2.jpg

http://www.elflair.com/images/IK/solder3.jpg

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will look at your pictures but EVERY pre-wired NB is hooked up and tested before it leaves the shop. If you plug it in and it does not work then something has to be wrong with the wiring.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

You have to start with a minimal setup so you can then add back in items one at a time to check them out..

Unplug everything except for the speaker and then plug in the battery pack and see what happens. You should get the initial power on sound... report back.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

When I unplug everything except the speaker and battery pack I get nothing except a rhythmic clicking from the speaker. This is the case with both boards I have (I tried both).
    Last edited by The Grey Elf; 10-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Lets narrow it down further..

Have you tried both MWS wiring plugs? Could be a wiring issue in the header itself..

Are you sure your battery is fully charged?
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Yeah, I tried both plugs and am positive the battery is full

Well the only thing left is the speaker then... It might be best that you just package it all in a box and get it back to me where I can easily test each component and figure out the issue.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Well the only thing left is the speaker then... It might be best that you just package it all in a box and get it back to me where I can easily test each component and figure out the issue.
    Sorry, I wanted to try one or two more things before I took this route. What's the best way to handle sending this stuff back for testing? I've got two boards, two battery pack/speaker combos, two LED units (one MWS, one self-wired). The switch will be tough to send as it's already in the Graflex (and has proved not to be the issue anyway, since I get no boot sound when just hooking up the battery pack and speaker to the board with nothing else).

Just send them to the address on the "contact us" tab of the store along with your order numbers.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Turns out to be a battery issue. Tested with some Trustfires and now gets the boot sound, but it's giving us the boot sound and then turning off after a few seconds. Is that typical for a bad SD card?

Thanks,
    Lendo