Thread: Second Saber: Full Metal Sith

Default Second Saber: Full Metal Sith

Second saber, far from perfect, but I am very happy with it...and waiting on a resistor to run the FOC. First attempt at shroud work using a sink tube. Features a PC 2.0, rebel tri-star deep red, deep red, royal blue (for FOC), and Madcow's Vader OT sound font...plus some blood, sweat, and tears.

Second Lightsaber by scott34567, on Flickr

Not much of a Sith guy, myself, but interesting design. I like what you did with the activation box, and the use of the choke.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

I like it, it's nice to see some of those parts people don't use that often (long choke, pointy pomme).l

Oh god, the epic choke. That has to fun to hold in one hand and make full-body swings with. It just likes wild and fun.

I like the weathering under the shroud. Where is the speaker? is it forward mounted. I thought skull-crusher pommels were solid.

Thanks for the positive feedback! The speaker is mounted near the pommel. There is a ring of holes near the top of the pommel to let the sound out, I drilled them out to be a little bigger. The pommel isn't the loudest ever, but with the larger holes it sounds great!

all I can think of is pretty. This is one pretty lightsaber. Well made and solid looking. Beautiful build!

I really like your MHS choices on the lower half of the hilt, although I would move half of the obstructions to the upper hilt to make the lower hilt more usable. That box makes a nice stop point for under your thumb. That all depends on your gripping/fighting style of course.n Unique build for sure.