Thread: Cyprium Shadow - A Dark Jedi Saber

Default Cyprium Shadow - A Dark Jedi Saber

Cyprium Shadow

"Sometimes a Jedi cannot simply follow the direction of the Council. Sometimes, he must take the Force in his hands and forge his own path."

The owner of this saber has experimented with the Dark Side of the Force. He is beginning to understand the power of the Dark Side, but is still unwilling to use some of these new-found abilities, some of which are... unnatural. His saber has taken on a darker look and a purple blade to match the aggression of his new combat style. Sith and Jedi alike, be warned.

This saber design started out with the copper blade holder, choke, and pommel but a silver grip section, with the simplicity of a Jedi saber. It soon became apparent after adding the purple blade, it was destined to become something a little darker and more menacing. There is a lot of wire between the chassis and the switch box, due to the poor location of the switches in the handle section (this was one of the first parts I ever ordered!), but I didn't shorten them in case the chassis ever needs to come out. I went ahead and wired up the GG in series to make it possible to switch colors as desired. The green isn't quite as bright as it could be since it's not getting the voltage it wants in a series setup, but this eliminates the need to alter current settings on the SD card for each color.

All said, it's still nice and bright in both green and purple, and it's an awesome rock-solid dueler in the yard with the younglings.

Specs:
    All MHS Parts, powder coating by yours truly in "Copper Canyon" and "Black Graphite" (wrinkle texture)
    PC 2.0 with "Form VII - Vaapad" sound font by Nightstorm, very easy SD card access behind speaker
    LedEngin RGGB - RB in series for Purple, GG in series for green - Can be swapped using JST connectors
    Blue and Red Ring AV Switches
    Small Green Power-On Indicator LED
    7.4v 2x14500 Li-Ion Pack
    Customized TCSS kill key and LED holder in switch box, PC'ed to match the hilt
    Custom PVC sled chassis
    O-Rings! May not be everyone's taste, but they really pop on this BH and Pommel!

Pics:

I like how much colour there is here, between the powder coating and all the leds. Personally, I love the o-rings; wish I could use them more myself. My ocd especially loves the black switches on the copper plate.

Very very nice. Great color and looks like a nice solid build.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Very cool concept and execution TrypWyr! Really love the color scheme and the practical design. And o-rings are great - they always end up on my sabers somehow
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------